The Springfield Regional Arts Council (SRAC) is pleased to announce the 2016-2017 exhibition series at The Creamery Arts Center. The exhibition series runs June 2016 through May 2017 and features many different themes to encourage artists to explore and find new inspiration.
The exhibition series schedule is as follows, with specific details and deadlines released prior to each show:
- June 2016: SRAC Member’s Show – Generously sponsored by Positronic Industries, this show is open to all SRAC members. Each member is allowed to turn in one piece up to 36 inches in any direction.
- July 2016: Springfield-Greene County Park Board – This exhibition features work from Springfield’s summer art camps.
- August 2016: Sound & Vision, in tribute to the great David Bowie – This show explores the connection between visual art and music.
- September 2016: Through the Looking Glass – This show is inspired by Alice in Wonderland.
- October 2016: Pure Enjoyment – Sponsored by Brewer Science, this juried show features artwork from around the region.
- November 2016: Caught My Eye – The invitational “Best of the Members Show” sponsored by Positronic.
- December 2016: The Thrifty Fifty Gift Show – An exhibition where all works of art are priced at $50, just in time for the holidays.
- January-February 2017: Hearts for the Arts: Beaus & Eros – SRAC’s annual silent auction exhibition benefiting the SRAC’s education programs.
- March 2017: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles – Artists gather inspiration about travel for this exhibition.
- April 2017: Central High School’s International Baccalaureate show premiers exciting new student work.
- May 2017: Live Art from Artsfest – An exhibit of artwork created at Artsfest on Historic Walnut Street.
For more information, contact Stephanie Cramer, Director of Programs and Exhibitions, by phone at 417-862-2787(ARTS), by e-mail at Stephanie@SpringfieldArts.org.