The survivors in the Big Read selection, “Station Eleven,” face a world without people, which brings us to your challenge: With your camera, capture your interpretation of “A World Without People.”
How to enter:
- Your photo may be submitted between January 2 and February 25, 2018.
- Deliver entries to any branch of the Library District, or mail to Springfield-Greene County Library District, Attn: Community Relations, 4653 S. Campbell Ave., Springfield, MO, 65810.
Who may enter:
• Youths age 12–17 (Participants under age 18 must have a parent sign the contest entry form.)
• Adults 18 and older
• Entrants must be Springfield-Greene County Library District cardholders.
What we need:
• Original, print photographs; may be taken with any camera including cell phone or other portable device. Prints must be 8"x10" inches or larger; mats not required. Prints will not be returned.
• Completed entry form with photo; one entry per person. Forms available beginning January 2 at all library branches, or download an entry at thelibrary.org/bigread.
What you win!
• A panel of judges will select first- and second-place winners in each of the youth and adult categories. Winners will be announced and awarded prizes at a reception on March 2 at the Park Central Branch Library.
• Winning entries and select submissions will be displayed in the libraries March–April 2018.
The Big Read is a project of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest; with additional support from Friends of the Library.