Open call, any media, no size restrictions
Drop off TBA - exhibit in may
Each year the Springfield Regional Arts Council partners with the Springfield- Greene County Library for their One Read event. To celebrate this year's One Read, featuring author David Sedaris, the SRAC is asking artists of all media to create up to three pieces inspired by his work.
Using a list of prompts compiled by The Springfield-Greene County Library staff, we can't wait to see what you make!
Sedaris quotes include:
- "Sometimes the sins you haven't committed are all you have left to hold onto."
- "Like all of my friends, she's a lousy judge of character."
- "I haven't the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out."
- "If you read someone else's diary, you get what you deserve.”
- "As a child I assumed that when I reached adulthood, I would have grown-up thoughts."
- "As bad a dresser as I am, anything beats being judged by my character."
- "It's unrealistic to live your life within such strict parameters."
Works will be displayed at The Creamery Arts Center and The Park Central Square Library during the month of April, leading up to Sedaris’ visit May 1st. An opening reception will take place on Friday, April 3, 2020 at The Creamery Arts Center from 5pm to 8pm, during First Friday Art Walk.
Submit work to The Creamery Arts Center on March 26th and 27th, 2020, between the hours of 9am to 5pm. Artists can submit up to three (3) pieces. 2D works must be wired and ready to hang. Sawtooth hangers are not accepted due to the hanging system at The Creamery Arts Center and Park Central Branch Library.
Contact Rachel Johnson with any questions about the exhibit: Rachel@Springfieldarts.org.