Brewer Science presents: Pure Enjoyment
As a passionate supporter of the arts, Brewer Science invites you to participate in "Pure Enjoyment," a juried exhibit at The Creamery Arts Center in Springfield, MO. This exhibit provides an excellent opportunity for visual artists to share their work with the region.
Selected works will be on exhibit at the Creamery Arts Center, located at 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield, MO, during the month of October 2018. Please submit work of any media that was made for the “pure enjoyment” of creating. There are no restrictive themes or genre requirements to be considered. This is the 11th year the Springfield Regional Arts Council will host The Pure Enjoyment Exhibit, curated by artist Denene Taliaferro.
The call is open to artists located throughout the world. Interested artists may submit images of their work anytime during the month of August in .jpg format. Submission instructions and additional information about the exhibit can be found at http://www.brewerscience.com/art-show.
The community is invited to the opening reception which is part of the First Friday Art Walk on October 5, 2018 from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM. Selected artwork will be exhibited from October 5 through October 26, Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
For more information, please contact Rachel Johnson at the Springfield Regional Arts Council at (417) 862-2787 or Loretta Wallis at Brewer Science at (573) 364-0300, extension 1357.
About Brewer Science
Brewer Science is a global technology leader in developing and manufacturing innovative materials and processes for the fabrication of semiconductors and microelectronic devices. With its headquarters in Rolla, Missouri, Brewer Science supports customers throughout the world with a service and distribution network in North America, Europe, and Asia. Learn more about Brewer Science at www.brewerscience.com, follow us on Twitter at @BrewerScience, like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BrewerScience, and subscribe to our blog at http://blog.brewerscience.com/.
Specifications for Jurying:
- Jurying will be done from JPEGs. Artists may upload up to three (3) JPEGs of ready-for-display artwork that has been created within the last 5 years. JPEGs must be RBG color (NO grayscale), 300 dpi preferred, with a maximum file size of 2MB per JPEG. Please do not submit unrelated files or documents. JPEGs and artist information can be submitted at the following web location: http://www.brewerscience.com/art-show
- Please upload your JPEGs between August 1 and August 31, 2018. If you experience difficulties uploading your files, you may call 573-364-0444, ext. 1357, for assistance.
- Artists will be notified of the juror’s decision during the week of September 11 through September 14, 2018.
- Selected art must be ready for installation at the time of delivery. All two-dimensional items must be wired for hanging. Sawtooth hangers will not be accepted.
- Each piece should be identified with the artist’s name and title written or tagged directly on the back/bottom of each piece.
- Artworks that must be suspended from the ceiling are not allowed.
- No wet paintings, etc., will be accepted.
- Final installed size (including frame) must be less than 3 feet in every dimension.
- Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Three-dimensional (3-D) artwork will be included in this show.
- The Creamery Arts Center is a family-friendly venue.
- Works selected for exhibition that are not accurately depicted by JPEGs may be removed from the exhibit at the juror’s discretion.
Please reach out to Rachel Johnson with any questions.