The Springfield Regional Arts Council (SRAC) awards $17,500 in Arts and Culture Grants to 10 area nonprofit organizations. The recipients will be recognized in a public presentation December 2 at The Creamery Arts Center to kick off First Friday Art Walk (FFAW) at 4:30pm before The Creamery's opening of "$100 and Under" (5:00pm-8:00pm).
The grants are made possible by donor funds designated to support arts and culture at the Community Foundation of the Ozarks (CFO). They are intended to support the goals of the Springfield Cultural Plan and the issues identified in the Community Focus Report for Springfield-Greene County such as audience development, sustainable funding, and capacity building. The CFO transitioned this grant cycle to the SRAC in 2013.
The 10 grants will be awarded to:
- Branson Arts Council: $2,000 to support increased marketing efforts.
- Drury University: $1,500 to present "Life Interrupted," a multi-disciplinary experience.
- Moxie Cinema: $1,500 to purchase a new Point of Sale system.
- Mt. Vernon Regional Betterment Community: $1,000 to support the Studio 822, a community art studio space.
- Nature Education Arts Trails: $1,500 to fund a visiting artist.
- Springfield Chamber Chorus: $1,500 to implement Phase II of the organization's marketing initiative.
- Queen City Rock Camp: $1,500 to expand the audience base and develop marketing strategies.
- Springfield Regional Opera: $4,000 to expand the organization's audience base through small Vaudeville-style productions.
- Springfield Sister Cities Association: $1,500 to host a concert series at the Peace Through People Pavillion.
- Springfield Symphony Orchestra: $1,500 to support the organization's education and outreach concert series.
For more information, call 417-862-2787(ARTS).