Visual artists of all media who are interested in the application process for juried art festivals are encouraged to participate. The first workshop will be in Springfield at The Creamery Arts Center on Sunday, December 15, noon-3pm. The second workshop will be in Joplin on Sunday, January 12, noon-3pm (more info to come). The Springfield workshop is free, though a $10 donation is encouraged.
Representatives from the Summer Solstice Art Fair, Artsfest on Historic Walnut Street, Joplin Arts Fest, and Art in the Park will share information and answer questions. Participants will receive special offers and/or discounts on 2020 festival applications for these shows. Artists who have never applied or would like to apply to better shows are welcome to participate.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Benefits of selling art at a juried show
- Different levels of shows
- Dos and don'ts of completing an application including tips on photos of your artwork and your booth
- The proper types of tents and the best displays
To learn more about the art shows:
- Summer Solstice Art Fair: http://www.mooncitycreativedistrict.com/summer-solstice.html
- Artsfest on Historic Walnut Street: https://www.springfieldarts.org/Artsfest
- Joplin Arts Fest: https://joplinartsfest.com/
- Art in the Park Sequiota: https://www.artcraftguild.org/art-in-the-park/