AARP invites your organization to submit applications for quick-action projects that can help your community become more livable. Applications for the AARP Community Challenge are being accepted for small grants to improve housing, transportation, public space, smart cities, civic engagement and more.
Applications are due by April 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m. ET and all projects must be completed by November 9, 2020.
APPLY NOW at www.aarp.org/communitychallenge.
The program is open to the following types of organizations:
• 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(6) nonprofits
• Government entities
• Other types of organizations, considered on a case-by-case basis
The following projects are NOT eligible for funding:
• Partisan, political or election-related activities
• Planning activities and assessments and surveys of communities
• Studies with no follow-up action
• Publication of books or reports
• Acquisition of land and/or buildings
• Sponsorships of other organizations’ events or activities
• Research and development for a nonprofit endeavor
• Research and development for a for-profit endeavor
• The promotion of a for-profit entity and/or its products and services
The AARP Community Challenge Team