Annual Convention and Public Art & Civic Design Conference
Virtual Convening, June 23—25, 2020
Everyone at Americans for the Arts hopes you are staying healthy and safe. As people across the country seek ways to connect and find hope, your work bringing the arts to communities is more important than ever. At Americans for the Arts, we are working to gather the arts field together this summer to better understand this crisis, how we are responding to it, and how we can move toward recovery.
With these goals in mind, Americans for the Arts has transformed the in-person 2020 Annual Convention and Public Art & Civic Design Conference into a virtual convening, to be held on June 23-25. While we will miss gathering in person, we are excited to deliver the same quality breakout sessions, keynotes, and networking opportunities directly to your home. We hope you join us at this critical time, coming together as a field.
What You’ll Get From This Convening:
- Access to Field Experts in Public Art, Equity, Arts Education, Arts Management, and Advocacy.
- Featured sessions with Woolly Mammoth Theatre Artistic Director Maria Manuela Goyanes; New York magazine critic Helen Shaw; United States Artists CEO Deana Haggag; sound artist Yoko Sen; musician and disability advocate Molly Joyce; and the National Gallery of Art Director Kaywin Feldman.
- Networking, connection, and community with the arts industry field.
- Interaction with exhibitors including: Artists Thrive, Goucher College MA in Arts Administration, Performing Arts Readiness, SmartSimple, SMU DataArts, and WESTAF - Western States Arts Federation.
- All while saving on travel and housing!
The 2020 Annual Convention and Public Art & Civic Design Conference was always going to be about convergence, the bridging of different communities, and the role of the arts in healing us after crisis—all of this has become even more pressing in our current circumstances. We look forward to brainstorming solutions, sharing our challenges, and coming together as an arts community this June!