2020 Pure Enjoyment is Virtual!
Brewer Science is excited to announce our first virtual “Pure Enjoyment” art exhibit. A virtual art exhibit provides an excellent opportunity for artists and photographers to share their passion of the arts while maintaining their own health and safety.
“Pure Enjoyment” will remain a juried art exhibit sponsored by Brewer Science in cooperation with the Springfield Regional Arts Council and Arts Rolla.
Instructions and requirements for submitting work are provided below.
If you have questions, please contact Tracy Jenkins, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-364-0444, ext. 1427.
Brewer Science, Inc.
2020 “Pure Enjoyment” Virtual Juried Exhibit
Time and Place of Exhibit:
*October 2 through 30, 2020
*Virtual via Pure Enjoyment Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pureenjoymentart
Specifications for Jurying:
- Jurying will be done from JPEGs. Images need to be clear and in focus. Images should be oriented correctly. Artists may upload up to three (3) JPEGs of ready-for-display artwork that has been created within the last 5 years. No work will be accepted that has previously been exhibited at SRAC/Creamery. JPEGs must be RBG color (NO grayscale), 300 dpi preferred, with a maximum file size of 2MB per JPEG. Please do not submit unrelated files or documents. JPEGs and artist information can be submitted at the following web location: http://www.brewerscience.com/art-show/
- Please upload your JPEGs between August 1 and August 31, 2020. If you experience difficulties uploading your files, you may call 573-364-0444, ext. 1427, for assistance.
- Artists will be notified of the juror’s decision during the week of September 14 through September 18, 2020.
- Each piece should be identified with the artist’s name and title.
- Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Three-dimensional (3-D) artwork will be included in this show.
About the Juror:
Denene Taliaferro received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia with studio emphasis in fibers and photography. Her extensive knowledge of 2- and 3-dimensional visual arts has assured her selection as a juror and exhibit coordinator at both local and national levels.
Ms. Taliaferro broadens her artistic experiences by both teaching and participating in a wide variety of arts-related workshops, classes, and demonstrations for children and adults. A Springfield native with deep roots in the Ozarks, she is an active member of the local arts community, volunteering her time to various events and activities for the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
All artwork submitted must be for sale. There is no entry fee; however, a 25% commission will be collected on all artwork sold during the exhibit. Please remember to account for this commission in your selling price. The Springfield Regional Arts Council will accept payments for sold artwork made out to SRAC; Springfield Regional Arts Council will then write a check to the artist for the purchase price less the 25% commission. Shipping or pick up must be arranged and paid for by the purchaser and may be negotiable between the purchaser and the artist. PLEASE PROVIDE ACCURATE CONTACT INFORMATION. SRAC can be contacted by calling (937) 324-2712.
New This Year:
- A special Facebook page has been created for this event.
- Live virtual reception to be held on Friday, October 2nd from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- Artist interviews to be held through the month of October.
- Artist bios.
If you would like to include a bio, or if you would like to take part in the “Meet the Artist” segment, please contact Tracy Jenkins at email@example.com or 573-364-0444, ext. 1427.
2020 Timeline For “Pure Enjoyment” Exhibition
Saturday, August 1, 2020 -Monday, August 31, 2020
JPEG files are uploaded of up to three pieces of original art or photography.
Monday, September 7, 2020 – Friday, September 11, 2020
Juror selects pieces for exhibit.
Monday, September 14, 2020 – Friday, September 18, 2020
Artists are notified with regard to juror’s selection.
Friday, October 2, 2020
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Virtual reception – Facebook Live
Friday, October 2, 2020 – Friday, October 30, 2020
Pure Enjoyment Virtual Exhibit
Meet the Artist Interviews
INTERVIEW DATES/TIME to be scheduled